Friday, December 11, 2009

Back to the land of Red, White & Blue!

Sooooo after 28 days, 5 flights, 2 Thanksgiving meals, lots of laughs & a whole lotta shopping we have arrived back in OZ! A quick over view of our trip...I tried to 'skim' over our photos and just put a few up...although it seems like heaps..we did take over 1,000 photos..so this is a 'few' =)! We had a fantastic time! Landed in LA, spent our time catch up with Al, Kyle..& meeting baby William..sooo adorable! =) Also caught up with Loren & Shanda..so good to meet you Shanda, you MUST visit us!! =)

Off to Florida, spent our days enjoying the sunshine with Zane, Anna & Mom! Hit the shops, theme parks and Disney World!! Even helped with some of the move into the new place... =)looks super nice!!

Next stop was Seattle, and a step into actual 'winter' weather..needless to say..we are wimps & froze!!! Had a wonderful Thanksgiving day w/ Kim, Paul, Krista, Corey, Cameron, Caleb, Matt, Tanya, Ben, Sam, Liz, Grandpa & Grandma Peterson & a surprise visit from the workers Debbie & Myrna! =) Black Friday shopping up at 4:30..went to Fred Myers & got socks!!! =) Enjoyed a very cold day in Bainbridge, fun to see Glen, Haze & Jo again and had a massive feast of left over Thanksgiving dessert..yummmm!

Over the mountains to Tri-Cities 2 nights with both Grandparents, fun catch up with Kyle, Emily & Andiee!!! Lucky to get time with Cody, Tam & Darren too!! =) Felt pretty lucky to have so much family all at once!

Last stop was La Grande and spent some time with Dad & Carla..enjoyed Carla's homemade burgers & fries along with amazing ice cream..even though it was freezing it was still amazing! Fun date nights & then off to Portland, spent a freezing cold night in downtown Portland and rode the light rail..burrrrrr! Mid morning flight back to Oz, 8 hours of sleep and arrived at 6 a.m. in Sydney!!! Lucky to have such amazing friends like Tony & Corinne to pick us up so early, breakfast at Bills & home to see our fridge stocked, fresh fruit in the fruit bowl & flowers on the table...friends are amazing!!

Thanks to all who make our trip possible, amazing and fun! Thanks for the memories..so good to catch up with old friends, make new ones and see family!! Already looking forward to the next trip home!!! Love ya all!!!


Dad & Carla at the Falls


Freezing


Dad & I


At the Oregon Trail Centre


Dad teaching Pete a thing or two about Potatoes


Dad, Corrin, Grandpa & Grandma and me


Quick catch up with cousin Kim!


Greg & Doug


Mike, Kristine, Carrie, Michael & Kyle


U. Monty & A. Ginny


Darren & Tam


Kyle, Em & cute little Andiee


Pete & Grandpa sporting their Pioneer hats


Em & I...after about 6 years of not seeing each other!! Way too long! =)


A fun dinner with Em, Kyle & Cody


Seattle & the Clintons =)


U. Matt & A. Tanya


Jo, Glenn & Haze


Liz & I at the Christmas Tree lighting in Bainbridge


Ben, Sam & little Liz in her cute hat that we bought her


Dessert party at Glen and Haze =)


Beautiful Seattle & the sun setting


Grandpa & Grandma Peterson on the ferry to Bainbridge


Kris, Liz & I on Thanksgiving Day


Yummy Thanksgiving Dinner..thanks A.Kim for all your hard work!


Fireworks at Disney World


Our hotel at Disney World


Cowboy Pete


Salsa girl Ash


Us as little Chipmunks at Disney World


Beautiful Beach in South Carolina


One way to lock up your bikes...Georgia


Bon, Mom & I in Hilton Head, S.C.


Bon, Pete & Mom in Savannah, Georgia


Bon & I showing our best Marilyn Monroe impressions


Bon, Mom, Narque & I in Jacksonville


We enjoyed large coffees =)


Mom & Zane at Flagler Beach enjoying breakfast


Walking to breakfast!! This place made the most amazing breakfast burritos!!


Kyle, Pete & William


Al & I


William getting a little rub from Pete


YEAHHH we are winners!! Our tickets after going crazy on the games at D&B!!


The boys playing games


Shanda, Loren, Al, Kyle, William, Pete & I in San Monica at the Pier


Beautiful baby William..soooo darn cute!


At the pup for breakfast & football! =) What a great way to start our trip!!

Sooo, these photos are kind of back to forward...but I'm sure you'll get the idea! =)

1 comment:

kristi said...

Was fun to see you to. And now that I know your blog, I'll be keeping tabs. ;) Was that pic of the Seattle skyline from Alki Beach, I wonder? A lovely place. Glad your trip was wonderful.