Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Race Day!

We've been training..... and it paid off!

Enjoyed spending the weekend in Mudgee, it was freezing... seriously 1C! And we saw snow falling on the 'pass' over, ahhhhh just the glimpse of it made me happy =)We camped out out this cute little place called 'Owl Head Lodge' with Tony, Corinne, Sienna & Harrison and John! Sadly Sue wasn't able to make it, but it was fun to have John along for the weekend.

Saturday was race day! =) P and I have been training for a 10km run... might not seem like a huge run, but considering we started out struggling to run 1km... I was impressed =)

Weather was really ordinary, cold, rainy, cold, wet, COLD, COLD COLD.... you get the idea!

Our goal was under an hour - fastest time before race day was 1 hr 15 mins. Finish time... 55 minutes! =)

Before the race....






Support Crew - John was our 'official photographer' & we met up with his older brother Glen & wife Teresa


Getting ready... can you see us =)


And we made it!!!!




And finally ... liquid! =)


We're now considering a 1/2 marathon... I keep telling myself I'm crazy, but I just want to be able to say I've done one! =)

Well done HUBS!!! xxxx

1 comment:

Jason and Sue said...

Awesome! You guys rock! Almost makes me want to get off the couch!