Friday, May 29, 2009

Here she is......

Sooo the long over due await is finally over, and she has arrived!!! And nooo it's not a baby, sorry to disappoint everyone! =) But she is beautiful.....! Pete and I saw this painting about 10 months ago and fell in love with it! Bought it that day, and have been making little-tiny baby payments on her ever since! Wellll when I headed off for Hawaii, Pete surprised me, finished paying her off and brought her home. Now...if you didn't know....we are HUGE HUGE HUGE art lovers, and for us this is a big deal! =) Our first piece of 'official' art work! She is now hanging proudly on our all for all to bask in her glory!!

3 comments:

Anna said...

congrats you guys=) art is exciting!

KE&A said...

Very sweet!! Very cool pic...especially when I opened the picture up larger. Very exciting...so new baby next? Ha!(=

Unknown said...

That is a very beautiful painting! There's a bit of a quiet intensity to it.

Now, I knew you used to paint a bit yourself, but I didn't know you had any interest in art after that! Very cool new thing to learn about you and Pete I have to say.

Whenever I get the chance I like to go browse the galleries. I imagine you'd have some pretty fantastic ones in Sydney.

Is that an Aussie artist?