Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Drained....



Emotionally and physically! Can't really seem to get a grip on things this week or last week for that matter! Pete and I just seem to be running around like chickens with our heads cut off, trying to catch up with life and when we finally sit down, realize that all we want to do is go to bed...and sleep is what we do. But when the alarm goes off in the morning, we groan..push snooze a dozen times, and then when we finally get up....it feels like we just fell asleep. Know the feeling?? Been there before??

Thought I was being all sneaky and cool, by not catching a cold after coming home from holidays and hitting the rain.....but I spoke too soon. 3 weeks after Hawaii, the cold has set in, and the rain continues. Today it is raining soooo hard, I'm finding it difficult to imagine that it's actually possible for soooo much rain to come out of the sky!

Sipping lemon, ginger, thyme, honey and cinnamon tea (tastes wayy better then it sounds) and doing a little 'sun dance' hoping for blue skies to come this way and for my nose to stop running. I will get a grip on things..I always do, just seems like a huge haul there.....you know the feeling looking at a never ending list and wondering where to start. I'm at the point of pushing the list aside, grabbing a cup of tea, sitting on the couch and glaring at the list....waiting for my magic fairy to appear and zap it! ha! Someday..........

3 comments:

Anna said...

muuust be something in the air=) this feeling has been our reality lately too. i mean it comes & goes but there definitely doesn't seem to enough hours in the day to check off our to-do lists & enough hours in the night to catch up on sleep- i try really hard to go to bed early so i can get up early & have time to start my day unrushed but sometimes i fail=) our house is a big fat cluttered mess at the moment- i do a little everyday to tidy it up buuuut it's still never 'done' to my satisfaction. a new mess is created like everyday=) i can't seem to return lib. books/movies to blockbuster/keep up with my inbox/ship father's day/birthday/anniversary gifts in a timely fashion to save my list. things that should've been done last week keeping finding their way on my to-do TODAY. ha. sound familiar? oh well- you can't beat yourself up too bad! besides you have a cold- your body is using all it's energy up to fight your cold so give yourself some credit babe=) maybe you should go tanning & get some faux sun - hee hee- maybe you're just having hawaii withdrawls=) anyyyway it'll pass- it ALWAYS does... enjoy your herbal tea & allow yourself to slow down & forget about the to-do list for now=) you don't have to be superwoman all the time!! keep your chin up- we are thinking of you!

Anna said...

apppparently i can't even think straight enough to use proper english. have fun deciphering that last comment- ha! love=)

Allen and Sharla said...

oh, you poor baby!!! Wish you were here, I'd take ya to Mi Camino's...that would help your cold!!! (but probably not your list!) Tell Pete to treat ya nice (I know he is!) and take care of yourself! Luv ya!
Sharla