Monday, April 23, 2012
Kiama weekend
Ahhhh Kiama did not disappoint us!
The weather was stunning, as you can tell from the photos and the ocean was just as amazing as it always is.... so soothing! I've got a new App on my phone and simply love taking photos with it, so you'll have to forgive me for the mass upload of shots =)
We drove down from Sydney on Friday night, skipped out of work at 4:00 p.m. and headed off on our mini road trip. Arrived in Kiama & enjoyed a tasty Mexican food dinner - you cannot go wrong with Mexican food!
I attempted to take a few photos that night, however night time photos on a iPhone don't always turn out that crash hot (see below):
A classy palm tree
My adorable hubby - I just love him =)
And we're not sure what he see's in me.... heehee =)
The Sebel hotel from across the street at night time - they had live music playing on Friday night, which we always love. So we pretty much enjoyed hanging out with all the 'locals' and just relaxing to the music
The hotel also had this 'pancake' maker at the breakfast buffet ... it was the coolest thing I've ever seen.... I pretty much think it's a necessity to have in your house. You just push a button & two pancakes come out! =)
Saturday morning we ventured out & about - starting out at the cute little shops in Kiama
This flower is called the 'Wattle Brush'
They have rows of these little 'cottage' shops, which I find adorable
The 'Gift shoppe'
We then went to what we remembered to be this super cool cafe & cheese factory in Robertson
Sadly the 'cafe' had closed down just a few weeks prior ... *heartbroken*
This is a cute little potted plant that sat outside the cafe
Thankfully though the Cheese factory was still open.... no tables to sit at and relax though, so it was a short & sweet stop
As we drove through Robertson, we stopped to see the 'famous BIG potato'
Yep.... it's a rather large looking 'potato' =)
The Mr & myself with the potato
We found something new .... always love discovering new & amazing places....
This was the FAMOUS pie shop in Robertson.... oh wow!!!! Beyond tasty little pies - sweet & savory and milkshakes, I mean .. 'does life get any better?' =)
We enjoyed a chicken curry pie - pretty much the most amazing thing I've ever tasted!
Our pie package & the HUGE milk shake!! YUM!
Pies cooling in the racks
P with the pie sign =)
This cool & oversized tea pot & tea cup sat outside a little cafe in Robertson
I was pretty much obsessed with the trees .... everywhere this weekend. If you know me, you'll know that I love this time of year, and love the country... and you put that together.... ahhhhh *bliss*
All the trees were changing colours and I was in LOVE!
Me & the Hubs again
On Sunday we stopped at some great spots along the seaside..
This was called the 'Cathedral Rocks' and back in the day... wayyyy back.... they used to be huge. Sadly the ocean has washed away most of it, but it was still pretty amazing to see
Close up the rocks had the most amazing colour to them
The ocean.... how is it that I never tire of seeing it =)
Yes.... us again..
We are 'those' people who take photos of ourselves every chance we get =)
We also take photos of each other ....
Me
Him
See that little seaside town in the distance?? Yep, that's Kiama.... cute hey?
We stopped at a 'TOURIST CENTRE' .... yes, we are always tourist, even 2 hours out of Sydney.... anyways it's a great place to stock up on tourist/guide books for places to see
I love these ocean swimming pools - this one was really full on the day we were there
In Kiama they have a 'blowhole' and it has to be one of the most amazing things I've seen. Depending on the day & the weather - the water can shoot up pretty high.
We had really great weather down there, so the water was fairly calm - but we still got to see a small 'shoot up' =)
Part of the joy of visiting small towns is the random cool stuff they have... this was an awesome little 'castle bridge'
Our final stop was for a coffee before we hit the road back to Sydney - I loved this 'table number' with the book! Very neat cafe & a super groovy, hippy waitress ... we'll be back again!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I would say, that what he saw in you.......were your tonsils.
Looks like a fantastic place!
although it's more than a little strange to hear you talk about looking forward to winter (which I'm also quite fond of) when we've just, just started to come out of a LONG winter. :-)
(haha - nice cody! :)
when we come. i want to go swimming in an ocean pool like that!
love see you two in this post!
Post a Comment