Friday, April 20, 2012

Sebel.Kiama.Can't.Wait.



We're off to stay at the beautiful 'Sebel' hotel in Kiama tonight.... I can't wait. What is it about little beach side towns that just make you smile? I love all the little odd shops, cute cafes and friendly people.

I remember the last time I smiled at someone in the city and he (thank goodness was also friendly) said to me 'You must be from the country - no one smiles to each other in the city' ha! He was also a country guy, just in the city for the day - I loved it! There are some things that you take with you from your youth that I think you need to hold on tight to so no one can take it away from you - it makes you who you are. I think I'll keep smiling at people on the street - scaring most of them off, but then getting the odd person who actually appreciates it! =)

We haven't been back to the Sebel since our friends Ange & Karl got married a few years ago. It was the best weekend - until it ended - I ended up coming home with swine flu. Yep... not a fun story. So wish us better luck this time!

xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"We're from the country, and we like it tha-at way!"