This past weekend was one of those weekends for us! We had a 'Mexican feast' on Friday night with the lovely Nick & Belinda, Carol & Hamish and Lachlan! It was so much fun - playing games, filling up on tasty mexican food and then topping the evening off with Mississippi Mud pie! YUM! Our wall clock decided to stop working sometime Friday evening, so we were carrying on thinking it wasn't that late & by the time we realized the time it was midnight! Opps!
Saturday was a veryyyyy early start for us. We missed out on that precious weekend sleep that you look forward to all week, however the day was worth getting up for! =) My mother-in-law Sue & I had hair appointments scheduled for early morning - so we were up bright & early. Stopped by an adorable little cafe (which is now added to my top fav cafe's in Sydney) in Leichardt for soy lattes and egg & bacon rolls and then we were off to Paddington!
I love getting my hair done.. I know it might be a silly thing. But seriously - it's money well spent for me to have someone else give me a head massage.. ahhhhhhh! For all I know they could be dying my hair blue and I probably wouldn't stop them because I love to have someone else wash & rub my head. Weird??? Maybe not - I'm sure you other ladies totally agree??
After our hair appointment the guys picked us up - they had found the most fabulous pub/cafe! It was so cool! 4 stories, tall & skinny and each floor was better than the previous one! The photo below was the skinny balcony that wrapped round the pub - the sun was shinning and life was good! The best part about this pub was that the bathroom was located on the 3rd level, and when you sat on the toilet you could see the ocean! ha! Best seat in the house?? =)
Sunday was special - as always. I love our little meeting, it fills my heart with joy. We've been hearing a lot about Noah lately - and I never realised, but Noah had never seen rain fall from the sky before... so to believe that God was going to flood the earth and that he needed to build the ark --- that was pure faith. I love that thought. We have just 2 more missions before Special Meeting rounds start - looking forward to them as always.
On Sunday evening - we decided to end our weekend with a bang and went out for Thai with Nick & Bel. There is nothing better on a cold weekend the sitting in a cosy restaurant with good friends and just enjoying the company while eating tasty food! =)
Needless to say - this morning when I woke up at 5 a.m. to drop my hubs off at the airport for a week of working in Melbourne, my heart was filled with joy.
Life is good - really, really good -- and I think having peace has so much to do with it. =)
Tomorrow Krista comes - I don't remember the last time I was this excited... really really excited!!! She is our second visitor from home since we've been married -- we're getting COMPANY!!!! Eeeeeekkkkkkkk! =) And that makes another 6 a.m. run to the airport totally worth it!!!
xx
1 comment:
i love this. love the contentment and joy and peace that you are feeling. i love that you love your Pete. i love thinking of you getting pampered with your mother-in-law. i love the sounds of that pub. i love hearing about your good friends in life. i love that you are getting company that makes you happy. i love you my dear cousin!
Post a Comment