Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday in the Botanical Gardens....






Today Meg and I took both kids down into the city...and braved it! We spent the day in the Botanical Gardens, flying the kite, checking out the trees full of bats..(seriously nasty stuff), drinking coffee (our treat..YUM), and just enjoying the beautiful sunny day!! Needless to say the kids are just learning how to fly their kite....so it pretty much got stuck in every tree possible! I even got to get lifted up....(or more like shoved up via my rump) by some total stranger...who was telling me how much he loved America....(while having a death grip on my butt) while I got to try and untie our poor kite...! Meg and Liv were NO help...just sitting on the grass laughing!!!! Great day though!!!

2 comments:

Allen and Sharla said...

Loved seeing all the pictures, Ash!! Sounds like you have been having full, but fun, days! Our summer is going way too fast, but I don't know how to make it slow down! We leave for indy today to pick up Greg from the airport. He is flying home today from Wyoming. Spent the week with Taylor Stock. Allen has another interview, this one is for a job in Virginia. We are kind of excited about the idea of moving there! Will keep you posted on how it turns out.
Love ya and miss ya,
Sharla

Anna said...

can i just say, liv is absolutely gorgeous!