Just a few random post from the news! The best one was in the paper this weekend, a swimmer was swimming laps right where we go snorkeling & just about a meter below him was a shark.....just swimming about! The swimmer had NO idea the shark was there, but there was some people under the shark that happened to capture the photo from the bottom up towards the sky....all I can say is the shot is amazing!

Three Sydney beaches were evacuated at different times yesterday because of shark sightings.
Hammerhead sharks were spotted off Maroubra, Coogee and Bronte beaches in the city's eastern suburbs.
One of the sharks was almost two metres long and was eating a large squid.
The shark alarm was sounded and swimmers left the water before life savers in inflatable boats and on jet skis removed the squid and chased the sharks out to sea.

Suspected shark attack off NSW coast
January 12, 2009, 12:44 pm
A snorkeler is believed to be the third shark attack victim off the east coast of Australia in two days.
A 25-year-old man was snorkeling near a boat ramp at Windang, at the mouth of Lake Illawarra, south of Wollongong, about 10.45am (AEDT) on Monday when he was bitten on the calf.
Sergeant John Klepczarek said the man flagged down a nearby boat, which came to his aid and helped him get to shore.
"Once in a blue moon," Sgt Klepczarek described the chance of a shark attack in the area.
An ambulance spokeswoman said the man punched at whatever bit him, causing it to let go.
He was not sure what attacked him but it left 40 to 50 puncture wounds in his calf.
He was transported to Shellharbour Hospital in a stable condition.

(All of these photos, besides the last one are true photos from the NSW coast!! YUCK!!!! I have the HUGEST dislike for sharks EVER!!) Anyways wish me luck...as all the 'AUSSIES' seem to think that there is nothing wrong with hitting the waves and swimming, even with the sharks! HA.....I'm still not convinced!
5 comments:
Sharks! How scary. I don't think I would be in the water. When I was a kid I would freak myself out about sharks and water snakes in our swimming pool. If I thought about it long enough I would have to make a made dash to the side of the pool and climb out just to take a look and make sure their were no sharks or snakes...oh imaginations!
Well, be careful if you decide to get in the water! I wish it was summer here and had we had a nice beach.
^
.
.
.
.
so, the comment from "Pettit Family" makes me feel so much better about myself! I use to scare myself into thinking there were sharks in the pool I swam in too!! Omiword, it's crazy how your mind can make you think something is so real in the most ridiculous situations... anyway, I showed this to my little Evie and she said to tell you, "WWWOOOOW! THAT IS SOOOOOOO SCCAAAAARRY!" We are so glad we don't live in a place that has sharks in the ocean.... oh wait.... hahaha... no Australia takes the cake with sharks, Zane and I were watching a documentary on sharks and Australia always has the highest population of them... ay yi yi... be careful you guys... maybe take a permanent raincheck on the whole snorkeling bit?!!! please???=) love you both
I hate sharks too and Kyle loves them!! I would not be swimming either :) Way to scary and freaky. You know...you can always come down here and swim in our ocean. We don't have sharks (at least that's what I choose to believe) Love ya
I would so not be swimming either, Ash! I use to freak out about sharks in pools too! Although, I would much rather be sweating on a beach right about now, than be here in freezing Indiana! Our temp. right now (at 7am) is -3 with a wind chill of -22! We have a 2 hour delay, which I'm hoping will change to no school here soon! Who wants to get out in this kind of weather?!
Take care and stay safe!! Love ya and miss ya like crazy!
I'm with you ALL THE WAY Ashley... Of ALL the times I've been to Hawaii (15) and the older I get, well, the appeal of swimming in the ocean just gets less and less. I like to see it that I'm just getting wiser and wiser in my old age! ha ha :-)
Post a Comment