Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mountain Bike Riding & Snowboarding!

We had such a great weekend!!! Escaped the cold wet Sydney and headed to the snow fields. We headed out Thursday night, took Friday off work -- short stop off in Canberra for some mountain bike riding first! =)It was freezing in Canberra, wet and muddy... but we had a great time riding anyways! There was time trial races going on -- great to have a peak at amazing bikes =)

Friday afternoon we headed down to the snow met up with friends, boarded on Saturday and then back to Sydney on Sunday! Great weekend, Great fun, Still warming up =)

Kangaroos jumped right over our path while we were riding!!


How many layers can you wear and still pedal your bike?! =)


Attempting a jump .. however I refused to get enough speed to actually 'jump' =)


Have fun -- this mountain bike park was set up like a ski hill with 'green, blue and black' runs -- great names too!


Pose shot -- seriously hard to smile, my lips were so cold! ha!


Me & the Mr


Beautiful area around the ski hills


Brad and Lynley eating lunch in the lodge


Pete and Hamish


Carol, Brad and I on the top of the mountain


Carol and I watching the guys come down!!


Brad broke his poles on the lift!! ha!


Carol and I on the lift up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now, I don't know about all that Baby shower business, but this is far more like it! ha!
What a beautiful day for some boarding. And way to go Ash on the biking! You look pretty hard core.