Thursday, August 5, 2010

Laser Eye Surgery .... and life after it =)

Sooo it's been quite the week I must say!!

It's official I can see for the first time in ..... ummmmmmm .... forever, I can't remember NOT wearing contacts or glasses!!! I don't think I've ever been so freaked out in my entire life then I was on the procedure day. It was unreal -- I was in hysterics!! It's a procedure I've been freaked out about my entire life, but have always wanted to have it done -- finally I convinced myself (w/the help of Pete) to get it done. And I have to admit -- it's the most amazing thing!!

While laying on the operating table -- after the Dr corrected my right eye, I could actually see -- it was that sudden! For the first 24 hours I got to sport sexy looking goggles, and now I'm into sunglasses and eye drops! =) My vision is pretty amazing so far, but it takes around 3-4 weeks to settle down -- I've been told. Talk about needing patience, I can't wait for those weeks to pass so I can see perfectly =)

I'm beyond thankful for Pete ... it's amazing how caring my hubby is. He's pretty much bent over backwards looking after me and making sure I don't fuss w/my goggles in the middle of the night -- (I have a huge tendency to rub my eyes at night time, and you can't do that .. pretty much ever again, so I'm re-training myself)!! He's amazing though. And I can't say enough about amazing friends -- Corinne too my to my appointment and home again .. she sat w/Pete in the waiting room to keep his mind distracted while I had my eyes zapped. Tony and Corinne happily sat in the dark with Pete & I that evening, with all our lights turned off, eating take-away pasta and having a great chat together. The next day T&C bought me a beautiful rose tree to replace my one that had died and told me it was for being 'so brave'! I love good friends!! =)

I took a few days off -- and now back at work, sunglasses and all. My new name is 'Bono' so it's been a good laugh for the whole office =)

Anyways after so much fuss -- I have to say 'IT'S AMAZING'!!! =)

Next joy in life -- my beautiful cousin Brianna is getting married in just a little over a week in Chili -- sending her good vibes and wishing we could be there!! =)

Hope everyone is having an amazing week so far!

1 comment:

Anna said...

we are so happy for you & your eyeballs! good for you being so brave & pete being brave for you- i might need to take as many "chill pills" as they give the patient just to keep it together if zane ever decides to do this one day. tho between us (just kidding, he totally know this) i will sooooo miss his adooorable glasses when he does! you my dear had some AWESOME glasses too- but i totally "get" as much as i possibly can- that being able to see is so much more important than cool shades!
luv the new background btw. reminds me of all the clipart i had to sift thru for the gym. i had to make these inspirational posters for a special spin class we offered a couple weeks ago in honor of 'tour de france' -- it was a TWO-HOUR class.. so *sad* that i was working at the time so i had to miss it... lol ;)