Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MONSTER pig holds woman hostage in NSW


The things you'll hear on the news!! This was on the front of Yahoo news this morning...which I found totally funny!


Monster pig holds woman hostage

A pig the size of a shetland pony has turned on a woman who tried to look after it, effectively holding her hostage on a property in northern New South Wales.
Sixty-three-year old Caroline Hayes says she has been unable to leave her Uki house to use the outdoor toilet at times because the pig is aggressive towards her.

"This morning, I wanted to go to my toilet, which is outside. I opened up the door and the pig pushed me that hard, it pushed me back into my room, where I fell over," she said.
"I picked up a broom and poked him out with it and he snapped it in half with his mouth."
She says Bruce is also causing mayhem in her yard.
"He's pulled a big king-size mattress out of my garage and he's ripped it up all around the yard," she said.
"And then he's come up again and I've got a mat outside my door, which he's actually rolled up.
"[He] put his nose underneath it and actually rolled it up into a perfect roll."
Rangers will try to capture the pig today but Ms Hayes says does not want to know what they plan to do with it.
"I haven't stopped crying because I'm a major animal lover and a vegetarian," she said.

4 comments:

KE&A said...

Ha Ha...this is pretty funny! Proud of you Ash..moving up from a weatherman to a news reporter! (= Yes, and i'm still a card maker nerd.

Anna said...

ARGH! I am in such "a mood" right now regarding these animal lovers. Don't get me wrong... I love animals, but only to a certain point yah know?! I was listening to this radio show this morning and this army lady called in and GET THIS, she said she'd MARRIED her army husband after knowing him only for a few months JUST so she could get her beloved dogs out of the barracks, and they could live off base and get a better home FOR HER DOGS!!! And then she proceeds to argue with the radio personality that dogs are on the same level as humans... because now (shocker) she wants a divorce because she and her husband aren't getting along, and she's saying she'd do it all over, just so her dogs could have a better home...i was SOOO annoyed. Haha... how silly am I!? Anyway theres my rant... even tho you didn't really ask for it!!!!! SORRY! =)

Anna said...

ALL RIGHT... MOVING ON... lol, yes you have crazy sister-in-law who has crazy rants... but this comment is going to be 'normal' and not actually regarding pigs, or animal lovers!! I just have to say, "WOW!" because you totally changed your blog... it's lovely and I love all your cute changes!!=)

Jason and Sue said...

Wow! maybe there is a place crazier than Chicago! :) I've been meaning to stop by and thank you for the comment! It's fun to read about life on the other side of the planet!