Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lucky Stranger

This is called..."Right place, right time"....!
I was walking home from work on Friday, and this man was walking towards me with the most amazing batch of flowers...they were HUGE and simply beautiful! So being cheeky I go..."Ohhh, you looking for me??" And he then informs me that he is on his way to toss them, as they were for the office, but no one wanted to take them home. He offers me to have whatever ones I want..! YIPPPEEE for me, although you have to understand, I have a 25 minute walk from work, and then hop on a train with a million other commuters for a 15 minute ride...and of course as I was grabbing my free flowers, the thought never crossed my mind.."Will these still be alive by the time I get home??"! But they did live..and they smell soooo beautiful! Ahhh I love flowers and FREE ones are even better!!!



3 comments:

Malia said...

ahhhh, you lucky girl! I loooove Oriental 'stargazer' lilies (I actually had no idea what their names were so I googled it because I felt silly not knowing their names when raving about how much I liked them, ha)! The flowers are gorgeous! This just goes to show that it pays to be vivacious and friendly =)

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Wow, you are lucky! The flowers are beautiful.
Sorry about your missing Thanksgiving. I think I will be spending it alone, Kyle is going to be training and I am being a party pooper without him. I don't think cooking up a Turkey for myself makes much sense. He told all his buddies not to come over since he wouldn't be here.
Its a bummer because Thanksgiving is like the best dinner of the year! :(

Anna said...

sweet!!! they have the strongest scent ever too. we always have em around at work because michael has been a good hubby bringing his wifey flowers, and lilies are her fave!=-)