Thursday, November 13, 2008
Missing Turkey Day...
So this is me, being bummed that we'll be missing Thanksgiving this year..and I'm not happy about that! So to cheer myself up, I'm jumping right into CHRISTMAS!!! Just as all the shops over here have..they do a slight bit for Halloween, but pretty much come October it's all about Christmas, which is a bit early I believe!! Although I never really feel 'ready' for the holidays since living in Australia...I mean IT'S THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER!!! Yep, Santa in board shorts, and laying on the beach...kind of hard to keep humming 'Dashing through the snow' and not feel totally out of place!! Trust me...not that I'm complaining in any which way..I'm loving the heat..but it's just weird, and I do miss the snow & the Christmas spirit that we have back at home! Pete still has yet to experience a 'white Christmas' so maybe someday we'll get there for him!! Until then...we'll be thinking of everyone stuffing their face on Thanksgiving day, totally wishing we could join! I'm actually considering making us a 'mini Thanksgiving meal' but then again I have NO idea how to cook a turkey...so maybe that isn't such a good thought!! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thats a bummer that you'll miss Thanksgiving, but we'll be thinking of ya! And on the bright side you get to focus on Christmas...and Christmas is amazing! I've already got the x-mas tunes going and i'm lovin' it!
*sigh* i feel for yah babe, i definitely vote for doing a mini-thanksgiving dinner... with leftover turkey for yummy sandwhiches!!! we'll be with an older couple from our meeting, and austin, brianna and evan, but it won't feel the same without the whole gang. of course we're still grateful to be with anyone at all! the 'spirit' of xmas definitely isn't as magic without snow and fireplaces and hot chocolate... agreed 100% there.
I would cry if I had to miss Turkey day. I have no idea what we're doing but I will be eating. I would cook for you if you were here though! I totally know what you mean about Christmas though. It's so funny down here because people play all the winter wonderland songs and have all the fake snow but outside is sunny and warm. The only time I miss the snow is Christmas time. If you get really bummed you can always come stay here. Love ya chica
http://www.taunton.com/finecooking/menus/intimate-thanksgiving-for-four.aspx?collection=102332
So divide it by two...or invite a couple :) Hey, they even celebrate Thanksgiving in MX...so though you're a whole lot further south--you can't miss out on pumpkin pie!!!
Post a Comment