It's a day of races, drinks, fancy feathers in your hair and betting....all of which is very new to me!!! I was 'officially' introduced to Melbourne Cup this year...being in the working world. It's pretty funny, it's an official holiday in most of NSW, but Sydney doesn't take it off......although they may as well, no one gets any work done on the day! Everyone dresses up to the max, places bets on the races and has 5 hour lunch's....so far I'm loving the sound of that. I didn't try my luck at betting on the horses, considering I've never won anything in my life....thought I'd save my money!! It's funny though, the races only last like 1 & 1/2 minutes..max!! All together a very interesting experience!!!
YUMMMM Oh, the Thai food was so yummy!

The Urbanest girls...Julie, Ash, Edwina and Sonia

Our race day invite

Ok..I cannot express to you how much money people spend on these hair peaces & race hats. I was feeling super happy with mine, considering it's not tooo massive, and I can actually wear it again!

Me with my very groovy feather/hair piece
1 comment:
YUM-O!! I'll take the PAID 5-hour Thai lunch anyday...=-)lol
Post a Comment