Monday, February 2, 2009

Birthday Fun!!

Sooo just a quick recap on this weekends happenings! I was totally spoiled and pampered for my birthday! (I guess as pampered as one can get while camping)!! We headed out late Friday night to Kiama, about 2 1/2 hours South of Sydney. Meet up with some friends of ours, Tony & Corinne for a weekend of camping & celebrating! Tony was also celebrating his birthday!! Pizza, chocolate cupcakes and chatting started our evening off well! Setting up camp late in the evening, while using the car head lights as a guide was interesting! (Pete & I are being famous for not remembering a flash light...for camping...EVER)!! Saturday morning I woke up with the sun (great way to kick off a quarter of a century) wondered down to the ocean and watched the sun come up, took a few pictures, but mainly just enjoyed being up at the crack of dawn and soaking my toes in the ocean water! Curled back up in bed with my hubby, freezing toes and all, and slept for a while longer. Woke up (for the 2nd time) to the smell of fresh coffee brewing, bacon and eggs on the BBQ and Happy Birthday being sang! Soooo wonderful! Munched on brekkie, opened up gifts, got our duds together and headed for Jamberoo..the largest water park in NSW.

Jamberoo was amazing to say the least! We hit almost every ride, enjoyed have John, Sue, Auntie Mary & cousin Eliza join us there too! There was the most amazing, freaky, heart pumping ride/event....it's a 5 meter jump off a rock into the water. Got my heart pumping massively, as I happened to jump and then look down...not wise! So fun though!! Spent the entire day there, headed back for ice cream along the beach, and then back to camp. Once at camp we thought we'd better get out our roller blades and hit the pavement for a ride..! (NOTE: to those who have heard my skating stories...this one wasn't much better..although no business men!! ha!)Tony & Corinne looked like pros on theirs, while I was scooting about on mine, went down a hill slightly too fast (again) realized that there was no chance I was going to stop in time, and was headed straight for a cliff that toppled off into the ocean, so made a mad dash for the grass, rolled, toppled and crashed..(in total style) grass stains every where...and T, C & P running up to see if I survived! Once again...walked home in my socks! Some things never change...! =) Can't remember why I thought I was sooo darn good at this when I was younger! Ummmmmm!

Birthdays are the best, and mine was extra special...just an amazing day! Thanks to all my wonderful family & friends who remembered to wish me a happy day and sent gifts too, I was totally spoiled!! Just as any girl should be...right?!?! =) PHOTOS TO COME SOON!! =)

1 comment:

Malia said...

ahhh, glad you had a great time! Everything sounded pretty awesome - minus the minor detail of crashing on and burning on roller blades =) can't wait to see pictures!