Thursday, February 19, 2009

Camping w/ Rob and Johnie

Beautiful Kangaroo Valley....I LOVE it here!!

An amaizng chair that this dude was making (finished product)

This was how he carved the legs and such..too cool

Craziest chicken/chook that I've ever seen.....you couldn't see his eyes!

The gang....


The wood chopping contest...quite interesting to watch

A little taste of home....although I didn't actually eat one!

Pete, James (cousin), Johnie and Rob hanging out at the 'Friendly Hotel'

Rob & Johnie @ the beach

The beautiful view/ocean..ahhhhhh

To be noted...I do believe that this will be our last camping trip for the year....reasons: IT POURED RAIN ALLLLLL WEEKEND! Blah! Anyways we did have great fun though!! Headed up to Shoalhaven Heads about 2 1/2 hours South of Sydney on Friday night, meet up with Rob & Johnie (Pete's brother & wife) and set up camp. Woke up Saturday morning enjoyed pancakes and bacon....yummmmm on our little camp fire stove and headed out for the day.

It was only slightly drizzling rain then, so we decided to go through Kangeroo Valley and check out the show (fair) that was going on. The town is sooooo darn cute, and Pete & I totally want to move there. It's simply beautiful and not more then about 250 people....so needless to say the show was realllly small, but great fun to watch! We enjoyed watching the wood chopping contest, horse racing, a very strange parade...in which I think everyone from the little town was in..just driving around in the cars/tractors/trucks..too funny! There was also this cool guy making these dining room table chairs, and he did it all by hand and very very old style equiptment. It was amazing....he used an axe to get the wood into the right sizes and then used this funny machine (pictured) to carve the chair legs. Pretty awesome stuff!!!

Headed back to camp and it was POURING by this time, so we found some shelter and got dinner ready....laughed until our sides hurt and played board games! We woke up at about 5 a.m. Sunday morning realizing that it was 'still' pouring rain, and that our tent was filling up, we were now sleeping in a 'water bed'.....ohhhhh exciting. So we cleaned up came realllly quick, headed back to the shelter made brekkie and then headed home! Fun, fun times....although I still think I'll take camping in the sun shine any day over camping in the rain!!! =)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Well I do love the rain, but i'm not sure that I want to sleep in a water bed, literally, or otherwise for that matter, lol! So sorry it put a 'damper' on your plans...har.har. couldn't resist. I've had one of those days so feeling kind of cooky!!=) So you're looking to make the town grow to 252 citizens huh?! That makes Connell look HUGE, lol... didn't know that was possible=) So i'm a little confused, is the first picture posted (of the green hilly place) the same location as your beach photos also? It is absolutely GORGEOUS... reminds me a lot of pix i've seen of the English countryside... which i loooove. Anyway rain or no rain, it sounds like you made lots of fun memories and thats all the matters!=)