A few things that we've enjoyed lately...
Crusty bread!
Who doesn't love homemade bread?? Sadly I have never been able to master the skills of baking it... I've tried, trust me, but it always turns out dull and flat.... until now! Thanks to this awesome recipe... http://simplysogood.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/crusty-bread.html
Once you mix the 4 ingredients up, it's as simple as cover & set overnight!
And in the morning you wake up to this...
Dump it out into a floured surface as your pan heats up in the oven:
Next, put it into your heated pan and cook for 30 minutes
In the blog listed above, this lady's too cute... she said once you open the oven to 'start patting yourself on the back'... I totally did that... and maybe jumped around the kitchen a bit too. I mean SERIOUSLY how good does this bread look????
Take the lid off & cook for another 15 minutes... and TA DA!!!!!!
We went to Rob & Johnie's for lunch on Sunday, so I took my bread & served it with Apple Butter (recipe next to come..)
I was feeling super 'domesticated' on Friday night & made apple butter too!
This & the bread too a whole 15 minutes of my time on Friday night... and our house smelled AMAZING come Saturday morning =)
Apple Butter
http://changingmydestiny.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/crockpot-apple-butter/
Find some tasty looking apples... I used about 16, as they were rather small.
Mix them with brown sugar, cinnamon and all-spice
Put the lid on & wake up to this in the morning
After a while I used the stick blender and gave it a good mix .... it was delish!
We reciently bought this box of sweet potatoes at the farmers market for $5! Bargain! And we've been eating them in E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. since then...
We've made...
egg, sweet potato & veggie bake
egg & sweet potato muffins
bbq'd sweet potato
baked sweet potato
mashed sweet potato
breakfast burritos with sweet potato
and.......
sweet potato curry soup
Sadly I just cut up the last 3 sweet potato last night. I was feeling a rush of relief, thinking... yippee, we made it.... and what does Pete say "We need to go to the farmers market so we can buy some more sweet potato"! ha! I just informed him that he'll be on peeling duty then... =)
Baked Pumpkin
Ohhhh my goodness, this was SO amazing!!! We pretty much ate on this meal for a few days!
Easiest way to cook pumpkin ever! I cooked it with turkey mince, corn, sweet potato (surprise, surprise) and some cheese... YUM! Of course, I loaded it with chilli and spices too!
Little sliced potatoes
I made this for dinner on Friday night, they were delish & easy too!
Slice up potatoes, drizzle olive oil over them, sprinkle with salt, pepper & parmesan cheese!
That's pretty much what's been happening in my kitchen lately!
xxx
2 comments:
Inspired! Now I just need to build our kitchen so I can cook!
That bread looks amazing. I am motivated! But it won't last. Sigh. :)
Post a Comment