Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Health, easy 'Risotto'

We are in need of a trip to the grocery store....seriously bad. Usually we have eggs & are totally happy to live on them for a good week, however we are out of egg! Boo!

Anyways last night on the search of something healthy to cook for lunches, I found the following ingredients & decided to make my version of a healthy risotto - crossing my fingers the entire time, hoping it would work out.

Ingredients
Brown Rice
Frozen peas
Mushrooms - chopped
Carrots - chopped
1 can of cream of chicken soup

I put the brown rice on the stove with the required amount of water to cook it, then let it cook for about 1/2 the recommended time. Leaving the rice 1/2 cooked w/some water left in the pot.

Next I added the soup, carrots, peas & mushrooms along with some pepper.

Next step is my favourite =)... set & forget for a good 20 minutes. Keeping the heat on low & stirring it every now and then so it doesn't burn.

And ta - da!!


Happy Cooking... xxx

No comments: